Hello and Welcome!
Firstly, I’m sorry for how late in the day that this post is going up! I’ve had a super busy day and I’m exhausted. Today’s post is going to be another different one as I’ve been tagged to take part in the Liebster Award.
Thank you so much to Anna from Anna’s Little Thing for tagging me! Make sure you go and check her out and give her a follow – she blogs about beauty and lifestyle.
As a pre-warning, this post is probably going to be less up-beat than my usual posts. Sorry for that in advance!
- Acknowledge the person who nominated you and share their blog.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions that you have been asked.
- Nominate 11 more bloggers whose blogs you like.
- Ask 11 questions that you would like those bloggers to answer.
- Let the bloggers you have nominated know that they’ve been nominated.
11 Facts about Me
Honestly this is kind of difficult for me, I was tagged in the Versatile Blogger Award previously and struggled to write 7 facts for that!
- I’m vegetarian. I was previously vegetarian for a while but got ill because I wasn’t eating the right things (surprisingly, you get sick if you try to live off of pasta and cheese). However, this time round I’m doing considerably better and intend to keep it up.
- I’ve recently become a cruelty free beauty blogger! I’m still using up some items (mostly shampoo/conditioner), but all of my remaining makeup and skincare is cruelty free. You can read my post about this here.
- I’m a Capricorn and I think it explains a lot about my personality.
- I cry at basically every film. I’m too empathetic so if there’s a sad part, you bet I’m going to cry.
- I have a scar on my lip because I fell off of a wall as a child into another wall (that sounds weird, it’s hard to explain) and one of my bottom teeth went through my top lip.
- I love singing. When I was in secondary school I was in a band for a while as a singer, we were supposed to be preforming at some battle of the bands style thing and they kicked me out just before and told me I was a bad singer. I then completely stopped singing for ages because it ruined my confidence.
- Elephants are my absolute favourite animal – more on this in the questions from Anna section.
- I really enjoy interior decorating. There’s something so unbelievably satisfying about colour coordination and things being beautifully styled.
- I love growing plants – I have 6 of them in my room.
- Sometimes when I’m writing quickly I get confused between a ‘b’ and a ‘p’. So in exams there’s random parts of letters scribbled out where I wrote a ‘b’ instead of a ‘p’, or a ‘p’ instead of a ‘b’.
- As a child for years I would only walk around on my tip toes and no-one knew why.
Okay so that’s all of my facts for this post. If you wanted to check out some other facts then you can do so on my Versatile Blogger Award post here. For some reason I find it surprisingly difficult to write facts about myself.
Questions from Anna
Where do you see yourself (and your blog) in 5 years?
This is so difficult to answer! In an ideal world I would absolutely love to be blogging full-time and be able to live off of it. I’m determined to continue blogging and grow my blog as much as possible. So, this may happen. However, the older I get, the more I realise how short a year is. Therefore, whilst my blog will definitely be bigger, I’m unsure whether I will be able to sustain myself solely through blogging. I’ll probably have a full-time job in something else. Or, at least a part-time job alongside blogging.
How did you pick your blog’s name?
This is a boring story but here we go. A while ago (when I had more time) I played a lot of online games. So I was playing one game, I don’t remember what one, and I had to choose a username but I couldn’t think of anything and just wanted to play. I was looking around the room for inspiration and saw a straw. ‘Straw’ was too short for a username so I used ‘Bendystraw’. Eventually this was in use somewhere, so I added ‘multi’ in front. I’ve been using ‘Multibendystraw’ as my username for everything since. Then for other things I’ve just swapped ‘straw’ out for other things. Hence ‘Multibendybeauty’!
How many kids do you want?
I feel like this is a pretty complicated question to answer, and my answer to this changes. Sometimes I want two kids, sometimes I want none. At the moment I don’t really want any. I think this is, in part, because I’m not in a place currently where I can emotionally or financially support myself let alone a child, or children. Additionally, I don’t really have any desire to go through pregnancy, or give birth. So yeah, as I said, it’s a bit complicated.
What’s your favorite resource for new bloggers?
If I’m completely honest, I didn’t really go into blogging through looking at resources. If you’re looking to start a WordPress blog, then looking at some of the help pages from WordPress is really useful. However, in terms of blog content, just do what you love. I didn’t have a resource, and I still don’t. I did however, ask some bloggers I knew some questions. That’s the only recommendation I really have. If you have questions then don’t be afraid to ask someone. Everyone started somewhere, and most people will be happy to help. Just be yourself, write about what you love, and ask someone if you’re unsure, but I don’t have a resource as such.
What quote inspires you
I have a card on my beauty desk that came with a Birchbox a while ago that has the following quote from F. Scott Fitzgerald:
‘You don’t write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say.’
If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
I’m unsure what the rules are here, but if there are none then I’d go back a week or so and buy my mum a lottery ticket with the winning numbers. I chose my mum because she deserves the money more than me, plus she’d give me some of the winnings and it would be more than enough for me to live off of forever.
Is the glass half full or half empty?
I’d love to say half full, but it’s probably half empty at the moment.
Is there something you find very scary / exciting, yet ever want to do?
I really want to volunteer to help elephants. Elephants are my absolute favourite animal and it’s my dream to do conservation work with them. I watch a lot of documentaries, specifically ones about elephants, and think that the awful treatment and killing of elephants is barbaric. Although I really, really, want to do this, it’s likely that I’d have to go alone. The thought of travelling to a different country alone, and spending time with people I don’t know somewhere else in the world scares me.
What is your favourite romantic comedy?
I watch so many, it’s hard to pick! I love: 10 things I hate about you, Bridget Jones’ Diary (any of them), Bridesmaids, and honestly countless others.
Which activity is number one on your bucket list?
This isn’t going to come as a surprise – the elephant conservation. Just seeing videos of elephants brings me joy. I can say, without a doubt, if I saw an elephant in real life I would cry. I don’t know what it is about them, I just love them.
Sorry for going on about elephants!
Describe yourself with a gif
I can’t add videos to wordpress because I have a free account but there are an array of different memes that apply to my life. I’ve chosen three.
I always do or say stupid things and always think ‘why are you like this’ when it happens. As I do, or say, stupid things I tend to deliver self-burns, so the Brooklyn Nine-Nine gif comes out pretty often. Finally, I tend to roast people when I’m not roasting myself because sharing is caring.
Who I’m Nominating
All Things Allatt
Little Beauty Blog xo
Be warned, some of these are going to be odd
- What’s your favourite word and why? (Provide a definition of the word if it’s a weird one).
- Have you ever had a nickname? If so then what was it?
- If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you had the opportunity to create one lipstick to represent you, what colour would it be and what would you name it?
- Have you ever dyed your hair? If so, how often and what colour(s)?
- What’s your most used emoji?
- Favourite Disney movie?
- If you were on a desert island, and you could only bring one thing what would it be and why?
- If a crystal ball could tell you anything about your future, what would you want to know?
- Pineapple on pizza? Yes or no?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
This brings us to the end of this post, I really hope that you enjoyed in learning a bit more about me! I look forward to seeing everyone that I’ve tagged answer the above questions, but if anyone who I haven’t tagged would like to also answer the questions either in the comments, or their own blog post, then please feel free! If you did enjoy this post then please give it a quick like, and be sure to follow my blog to stay up to date with when I’m posting – I post twice a week, and mainly review beauty products.
Check out my previous posts!